HOW DO I MEASURE MY NAILS?
What you need –
- A flexible measuring tape/ruler (printable ruler HERE)
- Printable nail templates (HERE)
How to measure –
Hold the measuring tape or ruler horizontally across the widest point of your natural nail.
Make sure you use the millimeter side, and not the inches side.
- If you’re in between lines, round up to the next line.
- If you have flatter nail beds, add 1mm/1.0cm to your measurements(for very flat nail beds add 2!)
- Make sure to measure at the widest point of the nail. For some its closer to the tip, for some its in the center.
- Make sure to measure ALL TEN fingers. It’s common to have different measurements on each hand.
- An average thumb usually measures anywhere from 16mm to 18mm. Sometimes a bit larger or smaller.